December 3, 2019
Help us reach our $10,000 Goal for #GivingTuesday!
Each year, generous people just like you give from their hearts on this very special day. Any gift, large or small is appreciated.
We thank you for your generous ongoing support and dedication to our organization.
We know you have many non-profits to choose from, so we are especially appreciative of your gift.
THANK YOU for partnering with us to reach our goal of painting 1.5 million butterflies and keep the memory alive
of the Holocausts’ youngest victims.
What is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is the global day of giving, and it is always the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Unlike Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday is intended to celebrate the true spirit of the holiday season by building support for charities who are working tirelessly to make this a better world.
In 2018, #GivingTuesday raised over $300,000,000 by 2,50,000 people in 150 countries.
On Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019, The Butterfly Project is joining this global day of giving for a third time. We hope you’ll help us to make it a success!
Help Us Reach Our Goals
Last year we set out to raise $10,000 and raised over $20,000, with a generous last minute matching donor and a significant increase in first time donors.
This year, with your help, we want to:
Raise $10,000 in just one day!
Inspire 150 donations on December 3rd, with 75 gift coming from new donors.
Together we can make this a reality.
Your donations will allow us to:
- Provide our curriculum and butterfly kits at reduced prices or free to underserved students. Each $180 donated brings The Butterfly Project into the hands of 36 more students, often from schools with little to no budget for engaging programming such as this.
- Develop age-appropriate Holocaust curriculum and lesson plans that translate to real life lessons including Anti-Bullying.
- Help us expand our comprehensive teacher training program to empower more K-12 educators to teach the difficult lessons of the Holocaust and make it relevant to problems in today’s society.
- Share our powerful message with audiences around the globe through screenings of our documentary film Not the Last Butterfly
- Get closer to our goal of 1.5 Million painted ceramic butterflies to memorialize every child who perished in the Holocaust.
Our work would not be possible without our generous supporters.
Every dollar will help us combat modern hate and bigotry through art and education. With your support we are empowering the next generation to take actions against injustice and become upstanders against.
Please consider making a gift this #GivingTuesday and share this message with a friend who cares about our Jewish legacy.
Don’t want to wait? Help us make an impact with a gift of any size today. We appreciate all gifts!!!
If you have any questions about donating to The Butterfly Project, please contact us at 619-708-6883 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would prefer, donations can be made through San Diego’s Jewish Community Foundation.
To donate online:
- Click here to visit the Donation page on the Jewish Community Foundation website
- Under Designation of Funds please choose The Butterfly Project Fund.
To donate by check:
- Please mail a check payable to Jewish Community Foundation in honor of The Butterfly Project to:
Jewish Community Foundation of San Diego
4950 Murphy Canyon Road
San Diego, CA 92123
You may also call them at 858-279-2740.
You will receive a receipt for tax deduction purposes once your donation has been processed.